  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 22:55:29 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 06/05/2019 21.14, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
06.05.2019 21:59, Carlos E. R. пишет:

On another machine I have my own script hanging from NM that edits
/etc/hosts dynamically to write the correct full name and current
IP.> But there must be a better way.

If you are going to say that it is the job of the DHCP server,

All that I'm trying to say is that you are barking up the wrong tree.
If your concern is (non) working "hostname -f" or how to associate
dynamic IP with static label it is not related to "Domain Name" field
in YaST.

I'm not barking. I'm asking what is the correct place to set the
domain name in Leap. It is very simple!

You are basically saying "nowhere".

I think Andrei is saying it isn't necessary and asks you to show which
problem it creates for you.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.9°C)