On 06/05/2019 20.45, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
06.05.2019 21:30, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 06/05/2019 20.28, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
06.05.2019 21:23, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 06/05/2019 19.59, James Knott wrote:
On 05/06/2019 01:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
No, I don't. See photo.

It should be there.  I guess yours is defective.  Must be one of those
weird Spanish things.  ;-)

Are you using Leap 15.1 Beta?

On my laptop, which is using Leap 15.0, YaST has that domain box.

So, is this a bug in 15.1, or is it intentional?

Again - what exactly constitutes "bug"? What worked on 15.0 but does not
work on 15.1 because this field is not present?

The disappearance of the domain name box in yast, what else?

Removal of input field that apparently served little purpose is a bug?

News to me.

With that box missing, what is the correct manner of setting the domain
name, so that command "hostname -f" works?

This field had very little to do with "hostname -f". "hostname -f"
returns result of name resolution. So define your FQDN in /etc/hosts or
on your DNS server. That happened when "Assign hostname to loopback" was
checked - YaST added entry to /etc/hosts with FQDN (hostname.domain) so
"hostname -f" worked.

The IP is dynamic (not NM), so I can not add the line to /etc/hosts
myself (not talking of loopback).

Ie, if my current IP is 192.168.1.132, I should get:

192.168.1.132 Elesar.valinor

or

192.168.1.133 Elesar.valinor

the next day:

192.168.1.134 Elesar.valinor

On another machine I have my own script hanging from NM that edits
/etc/hosts dynamically to write the correct full name and current IP.
But there must be a better way.

If you are going to say that it is the job of the DHCP server, I don't
agree. It can be an android phone, so not controllable.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.