Re: [opensuse] mailx: how can I force the correct encoding of an attachment?
On Sun, 05 May 2019 17:36:41 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 05/05/2019 11.24, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Other email agents such as Apple Mail, office365 and Outlook all do
this correctly.

Possibly other programs do not use /etc/mime.types

I have:

message/rfc822 eml mime

Right, me too. Except on older systems.

I'm confused. https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_3_Message.html
says in 7.3:

"As stated in the definition of the Content-Transfer-Encoding field, no
encoding other than "7bit", "8bit", or "binary" is permitted for
messages or parts of type "message". The message header fields are
always US-ASCII in any case, and data within the body can still be
encoded, in which case the Content-Transfer-Encoding header field in
the encapsulated message will reflect this. Non-ASCII text in the
headers of an encapsulated message can be specified using the
mechanisms described in [RFC-1342]."

So I'm not clear why anything would be using base64?