Re: [opensuse] leap15.x - just as installation is finished, unable to mount root device ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 19:58:08 +0200
Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:

Op zondag 5 mei 2019 18:39:15 CEST schreef Per Jessen:
I've been annoyed by this for a long time, I've just never bothered
reporting it -

when finishing an installation, and you get the pop-up "The system
will
reboot now..." with a 10second time-out, I sometimes hit "stop" to
switch to another virtual console and do some last minute changes.
(usually bootloader related).

I don't know when it changed, but it's been like with leap 15.0 and
now
leap15.1 - trying to mount the root device doesn't work: (/mnt2 is
brandnew).

office33:~ # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt2
mount: /mnt2: /dev/sda1 already mounted or mount point busy.

Like this says, it's already mounted. Please show
# mount

At the moment, I don't have a system in that state, and the console
where I had the output has filled up. Take my word for it, it was not
present in the output from 'mount'. If you have a suggestion as to
what the problem might be (whether it /dev/sda1 is mounted or not),
I'll be happy to repeat the exercise.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.6°C)