Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (958 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse] firefox has suddenly disabled extensions
On 05/05/2019 13:54, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 05/05/2019 07.18, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 05/04/2019 07:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Because it is not an update. It is a certificate in the chain of trust
for addons that expired, a fact you can avoid by turning your clock back
for days. Otherwise, at the exact minute the certificate expired, all
the addons were automatically disabled. At least on restart of firefox,
maybe even if you don't.

My firefox is running fine, and I have a new addon I did not add myself:

hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate 1.0.2

This is a hotfix that updates an intermediate certificate used for
signing add-ons. It is one of the mechanisms used to fix bug 1548973.


Apparently that is why an UPDATE will be needed for Firefox ESR. I don't
believe ESR will receive the certificate fix automatically. That is why
Mozilla included the language dnh quoted.

I don't know where the certificate is physically.

In my case, I have "studies enabled". I had forgotten about it. In
preferences, "firefox data collection and use", I had enabled "Allow
Firefox to install and run studies". It is this which allowed them to
install on my FF, without me restarting FF or doing anything, this:

hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate 1.0.2

This is a hotfix that updates an intermediate certificate used
for signing add-ons. It is one of the mechanisms used to fix
bug 1548973.

which solves the issue for now.

Just to advise others who may be waiting and wondering what's happening,
on my FF 60.6.1esr installation on Leap 42.3, upon seeing the message
about the problem under my Add-Ons and then following the link to the
temporary fix, having re-enabled the browser to run Studies (and in turn
the parent option 'Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data
to Mozilla', necessary in order to enable the former) nothing actually
happened until I restarted the browser. I then found the hotfix in my
add-ons, but the add-ons were still listed as unsupported and disabled.
The information in the hotfix suggested having to wait up to 6 hours, so
I gave it at least half of that time, but nothing appeared to happen
automatically, so I restarted a second time, and straight away, the
add-ons were back and things back to normal.

So you may need to do two restarts.

gumb

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >
Follow Ups