Re: [opensuse] firefox has suddenly disabled extensions
On 5/5/19 3:18 pm, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 05/04/2019 07:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Because it is not an update. It is a certificate in the chain of trust
for addons that expired, a fact you can avoid by turning your clock back
for days. Otherwise, at the exact minute the certificate expired, all
the addons were automatically disabled. At least on restart of firefox,
maybe even if you don't.

My firefox is running fine, and I have a new addon I did not add myself:

hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate 1.0.2

This is a hotfix that updates an intermediate certificate used for
signing add-ons. It is one of the mechanisms used to fix bug 1548973.

Apparently that is why an UPDATE will be needed for Firefox ESR. I don't
believe ESR will receive the certificate fix automatically. That is why
Mozilla included the language dnh quoted.

My FF, version 60.6.1esr, is functioning just fine now (since about 4
hours ago or so) -- all Addons functioning as before. This on Leap 15.0.

BC

--
Comment is free...but facts are sacred.
C.P. Scott