Re: [opensuse] firefox has suddenly disabled extensions
On 5/4/19 3:06 PM, Dave Howorth wrote:
since I've configured it to not send data to mozilla) Also note that as
I mentioned, I'm not applying most openSUSE updates at present (don't
ask)

No need to, as I have been doing the same for awhile. Multiple reasons.

(and send my regards
to the stupid people at mozilla for the hassle!)

I no longer would be so kind to the Mozilla people. Instead of stupid, I now class them as arrogant, unsafe (privacy and security), and pushy. They seem to now have absolutely no regard for their users.

I have been feeling this way more and more for the past few years, quite a turnaround for an organization that once had the best browser and the most customer-oriented and customizable settings.

However, I spotted this in another thread, from Axel Braun:

Workaround:
open a tab with about:config and set the parameter
xpinstall.signatures.required to false

restart the browser, and reverse the setting once the fix is in place...

Cheers
Axel

I have only just found that, so have not yet tried it.

--
-Gerry Makaro
openSUSE Member