Re: [opensuse] pngquant - PNG compressor
On 05/03/2019 10:03 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
Anton Aylward composed on 2019-05-03 08:41 (UTC-0400):

David C. Rankin wrote:
pngquant is a PNG compressor that significantly reduces file sizes
by converting images to a more efficient 8-bit PNG format with
alpha channel (often 60-80% smaller than 24/32-bit PNG files).
I can see how that is relevant to things like screen shots[1], but I'm not
sure,
Not being a KDE3 user you probably missed the background leading to David's
welcome response:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde3/2018-09/msg00000.html

Felix, all,

On the packaging list where I was seeking help on stripping a leading
directory name for the included libpngquant source, it seems that pngquant is
already packaged in the graphics/ repo -- and sure enough it is, e.g.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/pngquant-2.12.2-15.1.x86_64.rpm

So the real story is:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics/

(then pick your version)

For an official package

(I miss webpin -- totally missed that this was already packaged)

That is due to searching https://software.opensuse.org results in

"No packages found matching your search."

PITA

How do I run a search now for a package that would have disclosed pngquant
in the graphics/ repo -- if not through software.opensuse.org?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.