Re: [opensuse] Paths of DNS Queries
On 01/05/2019 15.55, Per Jessen wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 2019-05-01 7:47 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/05/2019 13.22, Anton Aylward wrote:

Before that point (before reading from /etc/hosts) is the nscd
intercept.

You mean that -- somehow, some unspecified manner -- that happens
before the decision as to whether to use files or DNS or something
else as determined by the nsswitch.conf file is accessed?

As I said, I'm using dnsmasq and NOT nscd.
The decision path still has to be there.

When an application calls getaddrinfo(), the first thing it does is
check with nscd over a unix socket. nscd is a standard part of libc.

Ok, so an intercept in source code :-P

Ok, ok, not an intercept then. Designed that way as an afterthought. :-D

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.