[opensuse] pngquant - PNG compressor
Six months or so ago, Felix and I discussed utilities that did a good job of
png compression. pngquant does an excellent job, but there were no packages
for opensuse. I finally got around to packaging it.

pngquant is a PNG compressor that significantly reduces file sizes
by converting images to a more efficient 8-bit PNG format with
alpha channel (often 60-80% smaller than 24/32-bit PNG files).

If you are interested:

Build Service Project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:drankinatty/pngquant

RPMS 13.1 through Tumbleweed

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/drankinatty/

(pick your release)

pngquant-2.12.2-3.1.x86_64.rpm

It is a cli utility, total installed size ~120k (with man1 man page)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.