Re: [opensuse] password managers
On 04/30/2019 07:37 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Development got stuck on KeePass*, they did not accept new features, so
developers created a branch or two.

«The Electronic Frontier Foundation has recommended KeePassXC as "an
example of a password manager that is open-source and free."»

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeePassXC>

Loaded keepassxc, pulled in my keepassx 1 database, converted no problems. But
for the same reason I never moved to KeePassX 2.X from 0.4.3, I just can't
make myself like the interface where the tree disappears and the detail window
takes the entire primary window instead of being a separate modless dialog.
And I guess that's just the way I like it, because that is the way I would
write the interface if it was my project. That way the remainder of the tree
is visible and when updating the details of one, I still have access to the
remaining info, if for instance I want to merge information from two keys, I
can see both.

Don't get me wrong, I like keepassxc with its Qt5 toolkit.... but I like
KeePassX 0.4.3 with its Qt3 backend better ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.