Re: [opensuse] best practice with msysql and root password
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 07:19:54 +0100
stakanov wrote:

Akonadi when starting up recalls: please remember to set a root
password for the Mariadb root user!

So what is best practice? Set it or not.

In general, always set a root password.
In the specific case of akonadi+mysql on a personal PC or laptop - maybe
it's not overly important.

That referred to usage local with kontact / kmail /akonadi. And if one
should set it: why did I never hear of it or read of it.

Previously, when mysql was installed, it would alert you on the first
startup. It was part of the script. I think you still get a
suggestion to set the root password, I just can't remember where.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.3°C)