Re: [opensuse] What are Transparent Huge Pages vs. non-transparent ones and when do I use them?
In data mercoledì 20 marzo 2019 11:01:41 CET, Dave Howorth ha scritto:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 08:35:46 +0100

Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would suggest s/apparently/theoretically/. redis just probed the
setting, but it has no idea what effect it will really have.

http://antirez.com/news/84
Anyway, thank you for this thread. I changed the setting from always to
madvise and guess what, I have less problems now (3 GB of memory used instead
of 4 GB and I have less problems when running kmail, as it seems there is a
problem with a memory leak (after baloo crashing) that appears to be less
severe with this setting. I am using postgres, so it does not seem to affect
negatively any performance on my (admittedly historical) X201 with 8 GB Ram.