Re: [opensuse] What are Transparent Huge Pages vs. non-transparent ones and when do I use them?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:41:37 +0100
Dave Howorth wrote:

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 08:35:46 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would suggest s/apparently/theoretically/. redis just probed the
setting, but it has no idea what effect it will really have.

http://antirez.com/news/84

Sure. I meant theoretically in your case. Having THP enabled in
openSUSE is a safe and reasonable default - 99% of installations will
not be running redis or memcached and of those 1% remaining, only 1%
will be running in environments where the setting will matter.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.0°C)