[opensuse] MS loves Linux...
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 22:47:50 +0100
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/setup/linux

I followed the openSUSE instructions. Visual Studio is installed as
expected. It is a native app in that it is not just a web version like
office. Seems to be written in Java. I don't know if the Windows VS is
written in Java.

Seems it will get updated by zypper. They seem to do monthly releases.

Added the VIM extension, and my vim keys work (mostly).

I cannot say it is obvious how to import existing code and makefiles.
There is Makefile syntax highlighting. But I think it ends there.

I probably won't use it. But I had to take a look. Some people like
these environments. I prefer vim and make. Seriously.

Enjoy!

--
Roger Oberholtzer