Re: [opensuse] systemd logging
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:15:03 +0000
On Friday, 15 March 2019 12:33:00 GMT Dave Howorth wrote:
Can systemd's journald be configured to write logs to RAM and then
periodically save them to disk?

I know it can write to RAM and I know it can write to disk, but I don't
know whether it can combine the two.
I'm not speaking from any experience of this.

I think you can limit the size of the journal file before it rolls over to
another file - can that be monitored and as a new file is created the old one
is moved to disk?
There is also journalctl --rotate that might help to create a new file when
requested before you move the old one to disk.

The use case is to reduce the number of write operations on a memory
card.

PS An actual configuration example would be a lot more use than a
simple yes or no in answer to my question :)

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20190312
Qt: 5.12.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.55.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.15.2 - kwin 5.15.2