Re: [opensuse] Why are nsupdate changes not persistent?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:18:47 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

right, dns-01. So you get something from letsencrypt and you need to
put it in a zone file. Or even create one? I use http-01, but I have
been wondering about moving to dns-01. You are making me curious. :

fwiw - maybe it'll help comparing notes.

I set up my name server with a key for access to "example.com". When I
run an nsupdate, I see a file named "example.com.jnl" created.

When I stop named, I see the zone file was updated, but the jnl file
remains. After starting named again, no change, jnl file still there,
all is fine.

This system is still sysv init, but looking at the start/stop script
from leap15, they are the same or very similar.

If I do 'rndc freeze', the jnl file is removed.

I don't think systemd has any blame here - keep an on your zone files to
figure what is happening.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.8°C)