Re: [opensuse] Zypper and restart?
On 2019-03-14 1:33 p.m., Dave Howorth wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 11:28:39 -0400
Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2019-03-14 11:12 a.m., Benjamin Zeller wrote:

zypper should cache everything it has already completely
downloaded,

Yes, but that is NOT what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about restarting INCOMPLETE downloads.

I suspect you might need to get the list of require files from zypper
(I assume that is possible?), then use something like curl to download
them and then back to zypper to install them.

Indeed.
I'm using curl to download a kernel RPM.
I've had to restart it three times now and curl seems good at doing the restart
:-)

BUT ...

I'll need to verify the integrity of the RPM, won't I?

Hmm "rpm --verify ..." doesn't seem to verify the integrity of single RPM by
itself, only with reference to what it is when installed.
Or, if you will, verifying that what is installed has not been corrupted by
comparing it with the original RPM.

Which is not what I'm addressing here.

Suggestions, please.