Re: [opensuse] Zypper and restart?
On 15/03/2019 02.22, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-14 4:20 p.m., Dave Howorth wrote:
But I suspect just repeating

zypper update --download-only

until zypper says it has nothing to do might work.

This does not address my problem.

Repeatedly trying to download the 65MB new kernel and having at fail at 36%,
43%, 21% ... on and on and on

if I can't download the complete RPM then your idea is not of use.

The point I am making is that the error i have is cuasing my cable modem to
reset intermittently so large downloads fail.

I don't know what zypper library uses 'under the hood.

The suggestion to get the list and then go get them manual using cURL with
restart with restart, with restart with restart until I get the complete RMP
seems the only viable one.

Oh buqquer, I hate that sort of manual work.
Why isn't zypper using cURL under the hood so that this can be automated?

It now uses curl library. It used other things before.

No, wait a moment:
# ldd /usr/bin/zypper | grep curl
libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4 (0x00007fa18c6f0000)

and

# ldd /usr/lib64/libzypp.so.1600 | grep curl
libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4 (0x00007f522a353000)

It *IS* using the curl library.
So why can't zypper do a restart?

Good question.

I suggest a hack.

In the zypper og you can find exactly what file it is trying to
download. You can download it yourself and put it where it is expected.

The directory is, probably:

/var/cache/zypp/packages/download.opensuse.org-oss_1/

The last directory you can obtain from here:

zypper lr --detail | less -S

It is on the Alias column, not the name column.

I also suggest that on yast, repository configuration, you activate
"keep downloaded packages". Explanation another day, it is 3 AM here ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)