Re: [opensuse] What is this and how to get rid of it?
In data giovedì 14 marzo 2019 20:10:17 CET, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-14-19 13:50]:
On 14/03/2019 16.57, stakanov wrote:
In data giovedì 14 marzo 2019 13:19:15 CET, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
* Mark Hounschell <...@cfl.rr.com> [03-14-19 07:43]:
What is this and how do I get rid of it?

you ban people who post large files to *everyone* on the mailing list.
the problem is then non-existant.

REALLY, put large files on a file service and post the link rather than
causing people on slow service to sit and wait and wait, and people on
measured service to pay for your inconsideration!

Please write your appreciation either to the board, to the owner (Per)
or the OP with PM.
Otherwise you are causing noise to the list. Thank you for your
understanding.>
Sorry, maybe Patrick has been a bit harsh, but he is right.

Good Netiquette says not to attach big files to emails that everybody
receives, but instead upload somewhere (susepaste.org) and share the link.

This is specially of benefit to the people that read the list on places
with limited internet, or those with a capped internet. Sometimes I'm in
that position when using the phone tethering.

well, when it happens from someone new or never around and explanation may
be deserved. but not so for someone who has been on the list for several
years. that is not expected behavour and is definitely discourteous.
Yes, this is an argument, I can accept it.

That said, it would have been arguably more efficient to search to communicate
in a concise but more equitable manner.
Not that I give a flying "f" about political correctness. But I think one is
closing the door while trying to seek to make something pass.
Let's try to stay as far as possible on the efficient side.
YMMV.

But you have my understanding for what is your irritation.