Re: [opensuse] What is this and how to get rid of it?
On 14/03/2019 16.57, stakanov wrote:
In data giovedì 14 marzo 2019 13:19:15 CET, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
* Mark Hounschell <...@cfl.rr.com> [03-14-19 07:43]:
What is this and how do I get rid of it?

you ban people who post large files to *everyone* on the mailing list.
the problem is then non-existant.

REALLY, put large files on a file service and post the link rather than
causing people on slow service to sit and wait and wait, and people on
measured service to pay for your inconsideration!
Please write your appreciation either to the board, to the owner (Per) or the
OP with PM.
Otherwise you are causing noise to the list. Thank you for your
understanding.

Sorry, maybe Patrick has been a bit harsh, but he is right.

Good Netiquette says not to attach big files to emails that everybody
receives, but instead upload somewhere (susepaste.org) and share the link.

This is specially of benefit to the people that read the list on places
with limited internet, or those with a capped internet. Sometimes I'm in
that position when using the phone tethering.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)