Re: [opensuse] OT: Pihole Local resolution

On 08/03/2019 21:49, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Maybe you need in /etc/resolv.conf

search local

this pointed me in the right direction.

I think this must be a pihole bug.

When I set up the DHCP on pihole I specified the domain name, which is sent to DHCP clients fine, but the PiHole server did not set it's own search domain(s).

I have to sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/Wired connection 1

and discovered that the dns-search option was empty
dns-search=

Will see if I can work out where report this to them.

anyway thanks Carlos :)

Notice, however, that the domain .local should be avoided. In
particular, there is a conflict between Avahi and Windows Active Directory.

I know. My domain is not .local, that was just an example.