Re: [opensuse] Mapping and re-mapping Keyboard Keys
09.03.2019 0:20, Paul Groves пишет:
OK so I have a new PC which has no PS/2 ports. So I have a usb to Ps/2
adapter. Now my keyboard keys do not work again.

They keycodes are the same as before but the script I wrote errors with
a message like this for each key:

setkeycodes: failed to set scancode b0 to keycode 202: ioctl
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument

Can anyone see why setkeycodes is failing? I cannot work it out.

If I can get this to work I would like to submit the keymaps so I don't
have to do this in future. (and so others can use my keyboard model too).

Have a look at this guy's video. The first keyboard is the one I have.
https://youtu.be/XEWuXINbS9Q

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

This is my script which is being run as a service with systemd (which
was working):

This was working using the same openSUSE flavor, release and patches?

#!/bin/sh

# Tiny KB-9805 Keyboard #

# Re-map Tiny Online Button (scancode e020) to XF86HomePage (xmodmap id
180)
setkeycodes e020 172

Does it work if you boot without plymouth (plymouth.enable=0 on kernel
command line) into text mode and call this command manually?

Did you try to add entries to udev hwdb instead (man hwdb)?