Re: [opensuse] redis
On 2019-03-06 12:53 p.m., Dave Howorth wrote:

The only thing I can see that is different is that emoncms expects the
redis service to be called redis-server, not redis@default. So I'd like
to see if I can start redis with that service name as an experiment,
but I can't see how to do that. Does anybody know? How does the systemd
service mechanism work with regards to getting the name of a service?

I seem to recall that the @-notation has to do with instantiation of a series of
things where multiple copies of the same service can be run.

systemctl shows
Getty on tty1, tt2 etc
getty@tty1.service
getty@tty2.service

and similarly for disks

systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-BOOT.service
systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-TMP.service
systemd-fsck@dev-vgmain-vHome.service

user@0.service
user@501.service

I'm sure you can do the equivalent of
systemctl start whatever@foo.service
systemctl start whatever@bar.service

See SYSTEMD.UNIT(5) under "String Escaping for Inclusion in Unit Names"
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html
which leads to
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-escape.html#