Re: [opensuse] redis
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 23:26:20 +0100
Dave Howorth wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 19:07:14 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Howorth wrote:

So a little more information. I've now got it running under systemd
as I mentioned above but apparently it's running as a service
called redis@default as mentioned by Per earlier.

Now emoncms is still claiming it isn't running, even though I've
separately run the PHP code it uses to check and that works fine.
Every other test indicates that both redis and the Phpredis
extension are working fine.

The only thing I can see that is different is that emoncms expects
the redis service to be called redis-server, not redis@default.

Those are just names, emoncms is likely looking for a port or a unix
service. There must some config for emoncms too?

Thanks Per. emoncms is expecting it on the standard port -
127.0.0.1:6379 - which it is on. What's a unix service?

Apologies, s/service/socket/. A daemon can also communicate via a unix
socket.

What exactly does emoncms complain about? and how?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.3°C)