Re: [opensuse] markdown retext error
Quoting Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
A few days ago, I sought wisdom about redis. I've still to get that
working fully and am trying to read the documentation. It's in markdown
format, which I haven't used before. The web lists lots of possible ways
to view (and mostly edit) markdown but most are not in openSUSE's
standard repositories for some reason. So what do people recommend for
viewing markdown files?

In the meantime I picked retext as a simple way to do it and installed
it. But when I run it, it briefly shows the text in a window and then
crashes and dumps core:

There are many slight variants of Markdown. Pandoc, as someone mentioned, is
a possibility. Or just learn to read Markdown. It's not a biggie.

HTH,
Jeffrey