Re: [opensuse] markdown retext error
Yes, Dave, I've had that sort of problem with Python time and time again.
Its really turned me off from Python as as a programming language.

On 2019-03-06 10:07 a.m., Dave Howorth wrote:
So what do people recommend for
viewing markdown files?

Most MD files I encounter are either on the web or on my tablet.
I've done some MD text work using RoR, specifically using markdown to do
MD->HTML
https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

I'd trust perl as being more portable than Python, but that's just my
experience.

The context you are talking about then, yes, the simplest is to convert to HTML
(if there are not embedded images needing carted about) and apart from markdown
on your own machine there are a number of online pass-through tools for that.
MD->HTML is pretty simple.

Of course there is also pandoc which can convert just about anything to anything
else:
https://software.opensuse.org/package/pandoc
It seems to be the swiss-army-knife of document conversion, so be wary.

I understand there is also MD->PDF pass-through on the 'net but I've never tried
that.

If you use Chrome/chromium there is (?was?) a plug-in to allow MD to be
read/converted directly.

https://markdownlivepreview.com/