Re: [opensuse] grub2-install question
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:35:14 +0300
On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 12:30 PM Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

# grub2-install /dev/sda1
Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub2-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
grub2-install: warning: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only be
installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are
UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
grub2-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.

Don't remember ever seeing the above error and this has worked in the past.

It could not work in the past.

What am I doing wrong? I still just get "GRUB" at boot.

Use "grub2-install --force".