Re: [opensuse] using old cell phone as a server
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-04-19 04:38]:
On 04/03/2019 01.23, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-03 6:20 p.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
But it is not openSUSE. It is a fake Linux. I can not run YaST and
install my packages.

No, its a real version of Linux.

It is not. It doesn't run text mode. It doesn't run an X server. I can
not ssh to it.

but you can and it can still be linux w/o presenting a graphics mode.

your phone when on your network has a local ip addr

What packages do you need to install?
Some server or other?
It might be available for Android anyway.

mldonkey, for instance.

full kodi, with certain proprietary addon.

Programs of my own done in Lazarus.

The CLI program that accesses my power strip.

cron

scripts

https://play.google.com
https://f-droid.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Android_app_stores
https://theappsolutions.com/blog/marketing/alternative-android-app-stores/

Also, phones do not have 3 full USB3 connectors to connect 3 external
huge hard disks at full speed. Nor does it have an Ethernet connector.

but nearly all have one which can have a multi-port adapter connected.