Re: [opensuse] using old cell phone as a server
On 2019-03-03 10:20 p.m., Doug wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how do you access a command prompt on an Android
device? And what shell does it use?

Well on answer is GoGoogle
I recall doing that a couple of years ago and getting a shell and thinking
"Cool" and then getting on with other things, so I had to GoGoogle again:

https://www.androidcentral.com/10-basic-terminal-commands-you-should-know
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-get-a-linux-terminal-on-android/
Perhaps more interesting:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/easily-make-an-ssh-connection-from-your-android-device/
http://www.firmcodes.com/how-to-connect-android-phone-to-pc-using-ssh-putty/

At one time I found a Xterm server and accessed the Thunderbird on my PC from it
over my home wifi.

But to be honest one I'd proven to myself I could do all this I soon lost
interest.

And what do you do about libraries that an app might need?

As far as I can tell any app you load brings in the necessary libraries, even if
that does men duplication.

I do have a couple of tablets that are unused here, and it might be
interesting to get some use out of one.

I don't know abut "use" but sating curiosity, certainly.

--doug, WA2SAY