Re: [opensuse] using old cell phone as a server

On 03/03/2019 09:58 PM, Stevens wrote:

On 3/3/19 6:23 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2019-03-03 6:20 p.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
But it is not openSUSE. It is a fake Linux. I can not run YaST and
install my packages.

No, its a real version of Linux.

What packages do you need to install?
Some server or other?
It might be available for Android anyway.

I'm not sure why you're hung up about only USING openSUSE.
I know it is now available for the Pi, but it wasn't always.
And many of us consider YaST to be somewhat of a mixed blessing, a "curate's
egg" of management tools. Having had to use Windows management tools, I'll
grant you I'd rather choose YaST if you force me to use a GUI on threat of
painful death, but I'm quite comfortable with CLI administration of Linux and
that too is an option for Android.

Carlos, methinks Anton missed the humor in your comment.

In the spirit of the OP, I now have some possible use for the several old android tablets piled up in the corner.

Just out of curiosity, how do you access a command prompt on an Android device? And what shell does it use?
And what do you do about libraries that an app might need? I do have a couple of tablets that are unused here,
and it might be interesting to get some use out of one.

--doug, WA2SAY