Re: [opensuse] redis
Quoting Dave Howorth <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I just installed redis 4.0.10-lp150.3.3.1 from openSUSE Leap 15.0
repository but I can't figure out how to start/use it.

I installed it to use with a system called emoncms but that says:
"redis enabled but not installed"

I tried redis-cli:

$ redis-cli
Could not connect to Redis at 127.0.0.1:6379: Connection refused
Could not connect to Redis at 127.0.0.1:6379: Connection refused
not connected>

same if I try as root.

$ systemctl status redis
Unit redis.service could not be found.

I found something similar on 42.3. I can start redis manually with the
example configuration modified for the app I'm using it with.

# redis-server /etc/redis/amethyst.conf

Starting it with systemctl fails with messages similar to what you see on
15.0. I have not successfully debugged why. It's for a local application, I
can restart it manually.

HTH,
Jeffrey