Re: [opensuse] Probably OT but just in case ...

On 3/2/19 3:33 PM, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Samstag, 2. März 2019, 21:40:35 CET schrieb Stevens:

[...]
I have been trying unsuccessfully to play dvds on this new system.
[...] After further digging it seemed
that it wasn't passing region check. [...]

Yes, I remember my frustration trying to play a simple DVD some years ago...

Question now is how do I find a slim dvd drive that will fit in this
mini-itx case that is also RPC-1? Or, how do I find a dvdcss equivalent
that works with an RPC-2 drive?

Because I don't view DVDs imported from other regions, IIRC, I just set the
region to "my" region:
https://software.opensuse.org/package/regionset?search_term=regionset

Gruß
Jan

That was the bit I was missing: regionset was unknown to me. I installed it, put the original drive back, ran regionset on it, changed the region code from "2" to "1", everything started working. IIRC, this dvd drive came from ebay, so some other schmuck probably couldn't get it to work, either, hence the sale.

Thank you, Jan