Re: [opensuse] Probably OT but just in case ...
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2019 22:33:37 +0100
Am Samstag, 2. März 2019, 21:40:35 CET schrieb Stevens:

[...]
I have been trying unsuccessfully to play dvds on this new system.
[...] After further digging it seemed
that it wasn't passing region check. [...]

Yes, I remember my frustration trying to play a simple DVD some years ago...

Question now is how do I find a slim dvd drive that will fit in this
mini-itx case that is also RPC-1? Or, how do I find a dvdcss equivalent
that works with an RPC-2 drive?

Because I don't view DVDs imported from other regions, IIRC, I just set the
region to "my" region:
https://software.opensuse.org/package/regionset?search_term=regionset

Gruß
Jan
--
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.