Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 14:32:06 +0000
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 12/11/2018 15.00, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

In my case, it does. Just realized I cannot ssh into my laptop anymore, and
the firewall was blocking.

The reson was that the sshd service configuration for the firewall,
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.d/services/sshd, was/is part of the openssh
package, but the latest one doesn't have it anymore (because SuSEfirewall
has
been dropped).
Nice move :(

(This is Tumbleweed - don't know how it is on other systems)

Well, in TW you should not be using SuSEfirewll2.

I just continuously updated my installation. I cannot remember anything
urging me to remove the package and replace it with something else, nor was
such a switch done by the updates.....

OK, for real - of course I know about the switch, as I read the list here.
But not everyone does.

(And I still think that switch to firewalld was one of the worst stunts in
opensuse history - but that's another topic)