Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
  • From: Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:28:20 +0100
Op maandag 12 november 2018 15:07:30 CET schreef Peter Suetterlin:
Freek de Kruijf wrote:
I can ping the other computer no problem, but cannot connect by ssh.
Port 22 is open according to SuSEfirewall2

Check openssh and openssh-helper on the system you can't connect to.
Version 7.8p1 does not accept an ssh connection. On OBS you can find
7.9p1 which solves that problem.

The issue is not really 7.8p1, but (at least for me) the firewall. My
system still uses SuSEfirewall, and there the config for ssh is in
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.d/services/sshd. That one was part of the
openssh package, but no longer is in 7.8p1. So the firewall complains it
cannot find the configuration for service sshd and doesn't open the port :(

Just creating the above file with the one line
TCP="ssh"
and then restarting the firewall allows me to get in again. 7.8p1 is
happily answering once the packages actually get through to it.

As was mentioned there was also trouble with openssh-7.8p1-1.1 but was solved
in 7.8p1-3.1.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE