Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
* Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-12-18 08:42]:
Op maandag 12 november 2018 12:08:47 CET schreef George from the tribe:
I use ssh to sync my 2 laptops. I have all my keys in place, so it
normally connects without a problem or having to enter a password. Until
recently it worked fine, but now here is what I am dealing with.

On laptop #1, I connect to laptop #2 with the following:
ssh -X george@192.168.1.169

It connects fine without any trouble.

On laptop #2 I connect to #1 with the following
ssh -X george@192.168.1.180

I can connect to myself from laptop #1 to laptop #1 by running the same
command ssh -X george@192.168.1.180, and it works no problem. So I think
the port is open on that computer.

Until recently this had no problem connecting. Now it just hangs. No
error given, it just sits there. Maybe after 5 or 10 minutes it will say
the request timed out, but sometimes it doesn't do anything except sit
there until I hit ctrl-c to break the request.

I can ping the other computer no problem, but cannot connect by ssh.
Port 22 is open according to SuSEfirewall2

Check openssh and openssh-helper on the system you can't connect to. Version
7.8p1 does not accept an ssh connection. On OBS you can find 7.9p1 which
solves that problem.

7.8p1 does not but 7.8p1-3.1 does.