Re: [opensuse] trouble with ssh connecting
On 12/11/2018 12.08, George from the tribe wrote:
I use ssh to sync my 2 laptops. I have all my keys in place, so it
normally connects without a problem or having to enter a password. Until
recently it worked fine, but now here is what I am dealing with.

On laptop #1, I connect to laptop #2 with the following:
ssh -X george@192.168.1.169

It connects fine without any trouble.

On laptop #2 I connect to #1 with the following
ssh -X george@192.168.1.180

I can connect to myself from laptop #1 to laptop #1 by running the same
command ssh -X george@192.168.1.180, and it works no problem. So I think
the port is open on that computer.

No, I think the firewall doesn't intervene in this case.

Until recently this had no problem connecting. Now it just hangs. No
error given, it just sits there. Maybe after 5 or 10 minutes it will say
the request timed out, but sometimes it doesn't do anything except sit
there until I hit ctrl-c to break the request.

On both computers, or only one?
What openSUSE versions are they running?

I can ping the other computer no problem, but cannot connect by ssh.
Port 22 is open according to SuSEfirewall2

To make sure, just check the firewall log at the time of the attempt.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))