Re: [opensuse] apcupsd Configuration
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 11:16:18 +0000
Paul Groves wrote:
Hi everyone

I have 3 servers. Let's call them A B and C
Server A has an APC BR1500GI connected via the APC RJ50 to USB cable.

I wish to set up apcupsd so that when the power goes off, Server A tells
server B and C to shut down. Once they have shut down then server A
should shut down.

So effectively Server A is the 'master' and B/C are 'slaves'

Have a similar setup here, but I'm using nut for it. The master watches the
actual UPS, the other computer(s) only run the monitor part that connects to
the master. Nut can also use/talk to a running apcupsd, but it does as well
have its own client driver for APC.