Re: [opensuse] texstudio freezes KDE3 desktop
On 11/09/2018 03:45 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
I have installed previous 2.12.8 version (downloaded from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-qt4-2.12.8-13.1.x86_64.rpm)

and it runs without problem in KDE3 session, indicating that probably a
change in the new version causes the problem.

I wrote an email to texstudio developers asking for help to solve this.

Thanks again

Istvan

Well, we need to determine what is freezing. Because if it were a simple
shared-object library version of SONAME change, then it would effect all
desktops and not just k3. It could be a problem in texstudio itself in making
a call to Qt without checking what Qt it is talking to. You would still think
that would be handled, unless it is making a call to Qt and getting the Qt4
version and not seeing Qt3 in /opt.

Ask the texstudio devs if there were any preprocessor checks on the Qt version
removed between the build that works and the one that fails. You may be able
to check the commits if the source is on github, etc..

Let us know what you find and make sure we get the issue handled.

Thanks for the help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.