Re: [opensuse] texstudio freezes KDE3 desktop
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 03:27:58 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 11/05/2018 02:01 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I installed texstudio in openSUSE Leap 42.3 with KDE 3.5 desktop.
I downloaded the rpm packages from

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-2.12.10-3.1.x86_64.rpm

and

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-qt4-2.12.10-4.1.x86_64.rpm

Both versions (qt4 and qt5) freezes KDE 3.5 desktop.
There is no any error or other message in the terminal window when
I run the program in konsole.

I still can switch to other terminal windows by ctrl+alt+F(1-6).

How could I fix this or at least find out what the problem is?

Istvan, it is hard to tell. I suspect there is an overlooked dependency. It
would be helpful to post to the suse-kde3 list. I have been completely
impressed with kde3 on Leap 42.3 and Leap 15.0. It has been virtually
flawless
for me and blisteringly fast.

I'll see if I can load it (as long as it doesn't have a monstrous dependency
list. In the mean time, post/forward the question to

David, thank you for your answer.

I played with texstudio a little bit and found that:

The problem occurs only in KDE3 desktop, if I login to KDE4 or IceWM
session the program runs normal.

I also built the program in my system. The build and install process
went without any problem, but the own build also freezes KDE3.

I have installed previous 2.12.8 version (downloaded from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jsundermeyer/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/texstudio-qt4-2.12.8-13.1.x86_64.rpm)

and it runs without problem in KDE3 session, indicating that probably a
change in the new version causes the problem.

I wrote an email to texstudio developers asking for help to solve this.

Thanks again

Istvan