Re: [opensuse] Login weirdness
On 09/11/2018 13:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Ah, but that is the fans. Good silent fans cost more ;-)

It came with a fancy Zalman CPU cooler, and it's so old, I don't really
want to spend money on replacing it.

I've tried replacing all the other fans, including a silent
passively-cooled GPU, but nothing made any noticeable difference. :-(

Yes, exactly. More memory for my Pentium V with 32MiB of RAM was too
costly, so purchase instead new computer.

Pentium *V*? I thought they never shipped.

But the P4 series were space-heaters anyway. I would not keep such a
machine around.

Thus it died of RAM
insufficiency. ;-)

Well, that is one way of looking at it, I suppose.

Or a restart of firefox.

If that is the offending app, yes. But if other things stay in RAM, the
RAM will remain fragmented.

Well, yes. Did you see that the machine has 8 GiB of RAM, and there were
6 GiB of swap in use? Yes, I need more ram, which means new board, and
money. That's the best solution, then easy life... But I do not want to
expend that money now.

:-o

I did not.

I would not use such a setup. I'd set up a 2nd machine as an email
server or something first...