Re: [opensuse] Login weirdness
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 16:13:01 -0500
On Mon, Nov 05, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 05/11/2018 21.37, Michael Fischer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 05, Liam Proven wrote:

Seems like it is trying to prompt me to log in well before the system is
properly up?

That is possible. Indeed, I suspect one of my machines has that issue as
well. The symptoms are different, though: the XFCE session does not
recover all items that were up on the previous session.

So what I do is log out without saving the session. Or crash the session
(ctrl-alt-bckspace twice), then login again. Alternatively, logi first
as a different user in gnome, exit, then as my user in xfce. Then I get
all the items back.

Hmm. As you might have guessed from my other thread, I'm using "runlevel 3"
and `startx`. (Here's to forced debugging using those..)

Michael
--
Michael Fischer
michael@xxxxxxxx