Re: [opensuse] Re: Scanner settings?
On 04/11/2018 07.19, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 4/11/18 6:50 am, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 03/11/2018 20.46, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 18:09:27 +0100
On 03/11/2018 15.20, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
xsane can produce a multipage pdf document by selecting 'multipage'.
Then you select 'pdf' as the document 'type'. I've been doing this
for years.
Ah! I was looking at it yesterday and did not see that. I must look
again. [...] Good grief, it is hidden in the "Save" menu!
Where else should it be?
A tick besides PDF filename perhaps?

I don't know, but I have not noticed that feature in many years, and I
use xsane a lot.

Want something really decent? Get VueScan (hamrick.com); not free
(although there is a free trial version [#] [$]) but worth every penny
(at least for me it was -- I bought the Pro version).

[#]

<quote>

Can I try VueScan before I buy?

You can test VueScan with your scanner for as long as you’d like without
buying it first. We’re sure you’ll find VueScan to be useful, so we also
offer a 30-day conditional money-back guarantee after you buy VueScan.

</quote>

[$] I understand that the free trial version puts a watermark on scans.

Yes, I heard of the tool from several people, but I don't see what
feature I would need that I don't have.

Maybe scan to djvu format directly.

Now, if I were to purchase a scanner with automatic feed, and if xsane
doesn't handle it, I would reconsider :-)

(I don't ever scan to PDF directly, I don't like that format for scanned
documents. I almost always scan to PNG, which I then convert to djvu.
Sometimes I scan instead to jpg (indirectly, via gimp), which I then store).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.