Re: [opensuse] no X after switch to EFI boot / NVIDIA

W dniu 03.11.2018 o 15:47, Paul Neuwirth pisze:

If you did some updates before the problem, try to undo them.

I try not to never update the nvidia drivers since the system install
day.

finally resolved it, by completely installing any video driver.. then
installed the recent nvidia driver again.. there was a long postinstall
script which was not executed when just updating or switching version..

thank you

Thanks for the hint. I had seemingly unrelated problem. After last
update my Xorg was working, but llvmpipe was used instead of hardware
acceleration.

Reinstalling Mesa, xorg-server and nvidia packages fixed the issue.

Snapper diff shows two new files created:

/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/nvidia-logind-acl-trick.conf
/usr/src/kernel-modules/nvidia-390.87-default/conftest26468.c

They don't belong to any rpm package, so they must be created by some
rpm post scripts.

--
Adam Mizerski

< Previous Next >