Re: [opensuse] Re: Scanner settings?
On 03/11/2018 15.20, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 11/2/18 9:38 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/11/2018 20.17, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 11/01/2018 01:58 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
What could be easier than clicking on skanlite and then "scan", wait
for
it to finish and save in your desired format?   In the office, the
one desktop that has the scanner attached, has Skanlite running all
the time.  One step saved.

I just used Skanlite to scan a document.  All I can do is save the
image.  I cannot import directly into any app.  I'd have to import the
saved image.

Directly as in straight from Skanlite?  I guess that's true. I haven't
felt it was an obstacle.

Gimp reads directly from Xsane. I don't know if it uses an intermediate
file, a pipe, or shared memory, no idea.

If the wanted result is a pdf, xsane saves to PDF, IIRC. But one file
per page. I don't know if there is a scanner tool that would produce a
file with several pages as a single operation.

xsane can produce a multipage pdf document by selecting 'multipage'.
Then you select 'pdf' as the document 'type'. I've been doing this for
years.

Ah! I was looking at it yesterday and did not see that. I must look
again. [...] Good grief, it is hidden in the "Save" menu!

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.