Re: [opensuse] Login weirdness
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 16:38:44 -0400
On Fri, Nov 02, Liam Proven wrote:

If the OS can see errors, that means that either [a] the disk's
replacement blocks are used up, meaning it has millions of bad blocks,
or [b] the disk is defective in some other way.

In either instance, I would regard that as a failing drive and replace
it immediately.

I'm kind of inclined to go this way, ultimately. I'm coming up on where
it is time to upgrade 42.3 to 15 (or maybe Ubuntu 18.04 - been using
Ubuntu for everything at work). So this might fit well with "replace the
/dev/sda that /home is sitting on".

*sigh* Stuff happens.

Michael
--