Re: [opensuse] Re: Scanner settings?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:41:47 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 01/11/2018 20.17, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 11/01/2018 01:58 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
What could be easier than clicking on skanlite and then "scan",
wait for
it to finish and save in your desired format? In the office, the
one desktop that has the scanner attached, has Skanlite running all
the time. One step saved.

I just used Skanlite to scan a document.  All I can do is save the
image.  I cannot import directly into any app.  I'd have to import
the saved image.

Directly as in straight from Skanlite? I guess that's true. I
haven't felt it was an obstacle.

Gimp reads directly from Xsane. I don't know if it uses an
intermediate file, a pipe, or shared memory, no idea.

I'll have to try that.

If the wanted result is a pdf, xsane saves to PDF, IIRC.

I haven't tried, but if taken directly from the scanned, without
resizing and compressing, they always end up being huge.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.5°C)