Re: [opensuse] python question
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 09:49:22 -0400
On Thu, Nov 01, George from the tribe wrote:
On 11/1/18 10:11 AM, Michael Fischer wrote:

Are the tutorials you are talking about the tutorials available on the
web? Or do you mean some specific python tutorials built into the
packages that we install?

I meant "available on the web" or a book, in whatever format.

I am running tumbleweed and python 3.6.5, which came as part of the
standard tumbleweed packaging.

Good enough. Use ipython, which is very convenient for trying out
simple statements (and can run scripts) to get a feel of the basics.

For me, I use vim as my "ide", with syntastic, and I seem to have:

$ ls ~/.vim/bundle/syntastic/syntax_checkers/python/
flake8.vim pyflakes.vim pylint.vim python.vim

I forget which one is "on", but it yells at me if I hit save
on something which is syntactically incorrect - saves a bit of time
in the write-test-write-test loop.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer