Re: [opensuse] eric the python IDE
On 11/2/18 3:13 AM, Andrei Verovski wrote:
Hi,

Can’t comment on eric6, I don’t use it,

I would suggest you to try Eclipse with PyDev, somewhat quirky but universal,
used it to develop Python macros for LibreOffice.
Will try it to make Arduino sketches in nearby feature.

Eclipse is universal development platform, its capabilities can be extended
with plugins, e.g. PHP.

Ok follow-up question - which version of Eclipse? The pydev website recommends installing LiClipse, which seems to be a fork of Eclipse, but I am not so sure. Any ideas on that? Better to just get Eclipse and then find the pydev plugin and install it, or better to go get LiClipse, which seems to have bundled PyDev?

--
George
Box: 42.3 | KDE Plasma 5.8 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 32GB